For over twenty years, Aveda has worked to expand the boundaries of beauty, developing extraordinary products made from plants and flower essences, while creating a company with a conscience. Aveda aims to create a more positive lifestyle by combining nature and science to create premium quality, plant-based products for hair, skin, lifestyle and colour cosmetics.
Aveda ensures integrity and quality by using organically grown flowers and plants wherever possible and building relationships with indigenous people, farmers and brokers who are in alignment with our philosophy of sustainable agriculture.
For this reason Aveda is committed to promoting the use of plant derived materials; plants are the origin of virtually everything we do:
- They provide essential benefits that support all earth's life forms and contain plant derived antioxidant vitamins to help fight environmental aggressors.
- Aveda's plant-based products draw upon potent ingredients for their effectiveness.
- Aveda has a network of plant specialists searching the globe for wild harvested plants, organically grown in a sustainable manner, without petrochemical fertiliser, insecticides or herbicides.
- More than 45 countries have been visited in order to work with indigenous cultures, in such diverse locations as the Atlantic and Pacific rainforests, Brazil, Europe, Nepal and China.
- Retailing in salons, department stores and Aveda's own experience centres, the product range spans from in-salon hair colourants and haircare, through to skincare and make-up.
Aveda is the leading authority in hair-care. We are at the cutting edge of today's fashions and set tomorrow's trends but do this in harmony with the environment. Our products are used and endorsed by Antoinette Beenders, the winner of the hairdressing World's most prestigious award - and our Global Style Director.
Horst Rechelbacher, founder of Aveda has had this vision for the past thirty years. Born in Austria, Horst was introduced to the benefits of plants through his mother in the 1940's and 50's who was a herbalist. Horst continued this passion throughout his career as an internationally known hair designer and consultant to several prolific hair and beauty companies.
Aveda maintains, that to achieve our goal of becoming 100% organically grown plant based company, we must partner our technology with the wisdom of indigenous cultures and their knowledge of the earth and its plants. Aveda is committed to being and providing the best- are you? If so, please search below for current vacancies.